Our pets are our fur children. We love them dearly and treat them as if they were our own flesh and blood. This means that we need to consider all aspects of their health in order to keep them healthy. Making sure that your pet gets their vaccinations is important to help them overcome potential risk factors for diseases. Pet vaccinations are incredibly important and we provide them for all of our patients. Spring Creek Animal Hospital in San Antonio TX has some important information about vaccinations and all the benefits they provide for your pets.
Why Should I Vaccinate My Pet?
One of the most important things you can do for your pet is to provide them with vaccinations. These vaccinations can help bolster their immune system to help them fight off troublesome diseases that they may contract. Your pet could come into contact with another animal that has these diseases and it could affect their health tremendously. Give them the fighting chance that they need in order to survive by getting pet vaccinations for them.
When Should I Vaccinate My Pets?
Here is a general schedule of primary vaccinations that you should follow that correlates to the specific shot you need to give your specific species of pet.
- Rabies 1 year should be given to your puppy as early as 3 months old.
- Rabies 3-year should be given as early as 3 months of age as well.
- Distemper shots are given between 6 and 16 weeks of age.
- Parvovirus is given between 6 and 16 weeks of age.
- Rabies vaccination should be given as early as 8 weeks old.
- Feline distemper should be given as early as 6 weeks old.
- Feline Herpesvirus should be given as early as 6 weeks old.
- Feline Leukemia should be given to your kitten when they are 8 weeks old then a follow-up vaccination 3-4 weeks later.
Why You Should Vaccinate Your Pet at Different Stages of Life
While vaccinations can help in the immediate future, there are always new strains of viruses developing. You will want to ensure that your pet has the latest vaccination to keep them safe in the event that they come into contact with a new strain of a virus.
Vaccines That Spring Creek Animal Hospital Provides
Here are a few examples of the vaccines that we carry for your pets.
- Feline Leukemia
How a Veterinary Expert Can Help Guide You
A veterinary expert here at our facility will be able to recommend which vaccines your pet needs. We will provide a thorough physical exam and take blood samples that will allow us to make proper recommendations.
Contact Spring Creek Animal Hospital in San Antonio, TX!
Spring Creek Animal Hospital in San Antonio TX is here to give your pet the vaccinations and care they deserve. Contact us today at (210) 599-2131 to schedule your appointment.